I am an NRI planning to return India.Once I return, Can I keep my NRE fixed deposit without changing the status till its maturity. If possible, is there any tax for the NRE fixed deposit interest earned after returning till it maturity
- Jacob Abraham


As per RBI regulations, you are required to convert all your non resident accounts to rsident ones.
K.C Joseph Varghese FCA
Chartered Accountant
Partner, M/S Thaliath & Jacob
Broadway, COCHIN 682031
PHONE Off: (0484) 2371963,2361156,
Res:(0484)2344204, 2347834
FAX: (0484)2383594
Cell : 9847054204

» More Queries

Enter your email address: